Happy winter! The snow has come again! If you’re ready to get out of the house, here’s some inspiration for what you could do this weekend. But first, make sure you’re bundled up.
There’s always the fun activities of building a snowman, having an epic snowball fight, making snow cream, or creating snow angels…
…but if you’re looking to get further from home, there’s also:
- Ice Castles in Midway (beautiful at night and during the day!)
- Tubing at Gorgoza Park or Soldier Hollow
- Ski & snowboard at one of Utah’s amazing resorts (Sundance Mountain Resort, Park City, Brighton Resort, Alta (skiers only), Deer Valley (skiers only))
- Snowmobiling or snowshoeing
- Celebrity sightseeing at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City (or get some tickets to watch one of the movies!)
- Crystal Hot Springs (they’ve got water slides too!)
- Wander the Gilgal Sculpture Garden
- Go a little further, and drive out to one of Utah’s incredible national parks!
If you’re more inclined to stay warm inside, there’s still lots of places to go!
- Go back in time at the National History Museum of Utah’s DinoFest
- Study the arts at Utah Museum of Contemporary Art and Utah Museum of Fine Art
- Get an up-close look at an ancient snake at the Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum
- See the universe at Clark Planetarium
- Temple Square in Salt Lake City has a lot of free tours, a family history center and a Church History Museum
- Listen to the voice of angels, aka The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, on Sunday morning in the conference center with Music and the Spoken Word
And if you decide to stay home, binge watch some Netflix and drink some delicious hot chocolate, that sounds good too.
Let us know what you did or if you have any other winter suggestions! Have a wonderful weekend!