It’s that time of year again, there is pumpkin spice everywhere and you’re probably getting called “basic” for loving it so much. And while pumpkin treats are delicious, the downside is that most hold lots of sugar and it can be hard to keep off the pounds during the holidays. But what many people don’t know is that pumpkin is actually good for you, it is low in calorie and packed with vitamins. Follow this low-carb and gluten-free recipe if you don’t want to sacrifice your waistline or favorite dessert this fall.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9-inch pie container with cooking oil so the pie will not stick.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients—pumpkin, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl—stevia, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients thoroughly to ensure the spices are blended.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the pie container.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Check the pie by sticking a knife, fork or toothpick in the middle to see if it comes off clean. If so, take the pie out of the oven and let it cool off.
- Top your pie off with fat-free Reddi Wip and enjoy. Bon appetit!
Nutrition For The Whole Pie
- 384 calories (48 calories per slice)
- 17g of protein, 40g of carbs, 12g fiber, 20g of sugar and 14g of fat.