‘Tis the season for baking and celebration! When I look back on past holidays, one of my favorite memories is baking Christmas cookies with my family. What better way to reminisce during the holiday season than to bake cookies everyone will love? We have a peanut butter cookie recipe that will be perfect for anyone (yes, even those with food allergies or special diets) because these cookies are vegan, gluten free and nut free! You’re not going to want to miss making these cookies for any holiday office party or your next present exchange with your girlfriends! Read below to get the fabulous recipe for these soft vegan peanut butter cookies.
Soft Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Almond Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flax
- 2 Tablespoons Warm Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- Granulated Sugar for Rolling
- Mix together the ground flax and warm water and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Cream together the almond butter, brown sugar, and pumpkin puree in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the flax “egg”.
- Sift together the baking soda, salt, and flour, then combine with almond butter mixture and mix.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes (about an episode of New Girl).
- Preheat your oven to 375 F (190 C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator and scoop into 1 tablespoon sized balls. Roll in sugar, press with fork, and then place on your prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, rotating the pans once during baking.
- Let cool before taking off of cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container.